When I teach like myself…
I am engaging
- I use a variety of outside texts and resources
- I create spaces for students to learn through problem solving and kinaesthetically
- I develop lessons based on the interests and connections of my students.
I am inclusive
- I allow for multiple viewpoints to be shared within the classroom
- I adapt work to fit the needs of the learners.
- I give options to allow students to have a choice.
I allow learning to come naturally
- I create assignments that allow for problem solving, inquiry and learn from others.
- I allow learners to make mistakes
- I model my own learning alongside my students.
- I foster a learning environment that encourages student learning from their peers.
I build connections
- I build student-teacher relationships with my students
- I make connections with text and real world situations.
- I build connections with colleges
- I connect with the city and locals to bring the real world into the classroom.